Thursday, November 27, 2008

Homeward Bound

With a little luck this will be my final entry from Thailand, it has been a fantastic journey but like all good things it must end. I am glad you got to join me on this adventure.

I managed to get a flight out of Thailand, no thanks to Northwest. I was on the phone with NWA and they kept saying that the earliest they could get me out was December 2, of course that is if the airport re-opens. The lady on the phone mentioned that I may want to try Korean Air, it just so happens that their office is about three blocks from my hotel.

Here is the catch, I am on a flight out of U TAPAO International Airport which is about two hours from Bangkok, near Pattaya. The beauty about this flight is that the airport is for military, so no need to worry about the PAD showing up. Korean Air has been re-routing their flights to this airport on an as needed basis, I just so happen to be able to get on this flight.

If everything goes as planned I will land in Raleigh at 10:45pm on Friday.

Here is my flight plan:
KE8654 U Tapao to Seoul - Korean Air
KE017 Seoul to LAX - Korean Air
DL1180 LAX to RDU - Delta

I actually shorten up the legs to this flight but I have a five hour layover in Seoul and a four hour layover at LAX, but at least I am on my way.

I am going to make my way to the airport tonight at 10pm via the hotel car. It is somewhat expensive but I can trust the driver. If I were to take a taxi it would probably be half the cost, however most taxi drivers say they know where they are going when in fact they have no clue.

I hope everyone has an excellent Thanksgiving, I may have mine tonight at Maria's before I leave and get my favorite dish of chicken and egg noodles.

Once I get settled in I will post some other pictures and final thoughts from the trip.

Thank you for coming along on this adverture with me, I will see you on the flip side.

Take care,

Phil

2 comments:

Gringa_Loca said...

Happy Thanksgiving Phil! Of course you would go to Thailand in the middle of civil unrest... :-)

Have a safe trip and call when you get in!

Anonymous said...

I drove into LA to pick you up from LAX for breakfast this morning, but you never answered your cell. Hopefully you got in ok.

Holler at me.